Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thank You!




I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of support we received for our fundraiser. I just wanted to say thank you- thanks for all the kind words, notes of support, thoughts and prayers, and for the financial support as well. So many times, we extend our support with the hopes of making a difference, but we may never fully see the difference that our contributions provide. I have the benefit of actually seeing it come to fruition before my very eyes- I can glance down the table now, as I type, and I can see the children reading. I can envision the new books that these generous contributions will provide. It is also a humbling experience however, as


the students fully counted on us winning the half marathon. I was content to finish and do my best- that is not good enough for them. How can I expect anything less from them? We push them everyday- we tell them to try harder, so how could we expect any less from ourselves. We did do our best, and we ran strong and hard. I hope it serves as an example to our students, that they can set goals, push themselves to accomplish those goals and make a difference.
We are planting the seeds that will grow into the future of India. The books that will be furnished by your generous contributions and support will help open the eyes of students to the world around them. It will help spark an interest in subjects that were previously elusive and not thought possible by many of the students. One never knows what may spur a student to reach for the stars and pursue goals that they never would have considered in the past, but I do know that the chances increase with the additional academic resources we place before them. Gandhi’s words of, “Be the change you want to see in the world,” echo still today, and we would like to thank everyone who has helped us make a positive change in our schools.









No comments:

Post a Comment