Monday, December 28, 2009

Lesson Planning..

As overwhelming as all the advanced class preparation is sometimes, it's wonderful how alleviating it is to just see everything fit together in a basic, flexible schedule for the time to come. Unfortunately, it often looks great laid out on paper, but attempting to implement these more meticulously planned lessons can also be unsuccessful. My experiences thus far, especially here with the massive class sizes, has taught me although you do need to plan lessons a lot of teaching here is thinking on your feet and shaping what you have to fit the particular classroom. As I get to know my students and classes better, it is easier to tweak and gear lessons based on their abilities. I find it a little bit surprising too how so many small miscellaneous tasks seem to fill up so much time that I would otherwise be planning activities for.
With the holidays and a school trip, the past month has flown by. While planning, I can almost feel the next couple weeks whizzing past me already. All planning aside, here's a little taste in pictures of some of the things we've been up to here in Kadod the past few weeks. ..









No comments:

Post a Comment