Sunday, September 5, 2010

How To: Make Lemon Juice

Last week, in Spoken English class, I taught my students the Imperative tense. Go to sleep, brush your teeth, do you homework and so on.  Then, I had them write a short list of the directions and commands their parents give them on a daily basis.  I got a wide variety of responses- Stop hitting your sister! Eat your roti (bread)! Turn down the T.V.! To assess their understanding of the lesson, I concluded with a homework assignment.  They were instructed to write a "How to" on a certain task- a recipe, how to make something or how to do something.

The following morning, my students arrived for class, eager to share their homework.  One student wrote instructions on how to make a paper boat.  Another students explained how to make the famous local sandwiches here.  Below are instructions on how to make lemon juice.  Dhaval, one of my most hard-working students gave detailed directions on how to make this popular local beverage.  While he suggests serving it cold, it can also be served hot, to sooth a scratchy throat or assuage a cough.  Enjoy the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment